Fields of Interest
- Senior Scientist at the Institute of Mineralogy and Petrography, University of Innsbruck (since 2011).
- Visiting fellow at the Research School of Chemistry, The Australian National University (2010/2011)
- Research associate at the Institute of Mineralogy and Petrography, University of Innsbruck (2003-2010).
- Brownmillerites and brownmillerite-type structures (phase transitions, modulated structures)
- Crystal structures of silicates, oxides
- Phase transitions
- modulated structures
- structural defects
- diffuse scattering
- Single crystal and powder X-Ray diffraction
- in situ high-temperature diffraction techniques
- electron diffraction, TEM
- Structural defects and diffuse scattering in brownmillerites. Austrian Science Fund (FWF): J2996-N19.
This research project was carried out at the Research School of Chemistry (Disordered Materials, T. R. Welberry and Solid State Inorganic Chemistry, R. L. Withers), The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
uibk - ipoint
- PhD studies of Crystallography at the University of Innsbruck. (2003-2006). PhD thesis "Ordering of tetrahedral chains in layer-like structures: periodic and aperiodic
examples" can be found here.
- Studies of Mineralogy/Crystallography at the University of Bremen. (1997-2002). Diploma thesis (in german) "Korrektur von Überstrahlungseffekten
in der Röntgenpulverdiffraktometrie" can be found here.